About this Job
- Become proficient in the preparation of corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary and other tax return services performed by the firm.
- Assume responsibility for the completion of tax returns under the supervision of more experienced staff. Staff will clear all self-created queries before return is submitted for review.
- Staff should be aware of budget and notify manager of any problematic areas.
- Become familiar with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Understand the rules, requirements, and code of conduct of the AICPA
- Become familiar with pertinent IRC sections and regulations.
- Obtain a working knowledge of tax research techniques and the various research sources
- Obtain a working knowledge of firm technology, including the use of email and the Internet, and the use of firm spreadsheet, word processing, tax preparation, and time and billing software.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the seniors, managers, senior managers or partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, preferably Accounting
- Accounting units required to sit for the CPA exam
- 1-2 years experience in public accounting
- ProSystem fx Tax and ProSystem Enagement experience preferred
Who we are…..
ASL works with emerging and middle market privately held businesses to help them thrive in their markets, and with high net worth individuals, such as owners, founders, and executives, to help them protect and grow their wealth. ASL helps identify untapped opportunities, challenges and solutions, enabling clients to make effective and timely decisions.
As one of the largest local CPA firms in the Silicon Valley, consistently ranked among the top 25 accounting firms in the San Jose Business Journal’s annual Book of Lists, ASL brings professionals, experience and connections to the table. Founded in 1977, ASL offers a wealth of experience in delivering services and specialties.
Designed to facilitate quality decisions, our services cover corporate tax planning and preparation, assurance & accounting, estate & gift tax, litigation support, and succession planning. Our services are contextualized by our specialties in real estate, construction, technology, family wealth planning, emerging businesses, manufacturing & distribution, not-for-profit organizations, and recreation and entertainment
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please click here.
Thank you for taking the time to consider ASL. We look forward to hearing from you!