ASL has a career opportunity for a tax manager with specialization in compliance and consulting services to individuals, family groups, partnerships, estates, trusts and private foundations. Candidates will work closely with high-net-worth individuals and their families, owners of closely-held businesses, executives, investors and fiduciaries. Clientele include C-Suite executives with major corporations, serial entrepreneurs, legacy investors and professional athletes who are accustomed to responsive, individualized professional service.
- Manages all aspects of the tax engagement (planning, review of tax returns and accounting, client relationships), demonstrating excellent project management skills.
- Supervises and reviews all related work of tax staff on assigned engagements.
- Demonstrates strong technical skills in individual income tax, estate and trust compliance, and effectively applies tax knowledge to client situations as planning opportunities.
- Builds client relationships through delivery of outstanding client service.
- Provides high-quality service and timely delivery, consistently exceeding client expectations.
- Helps develop and guide staff by providing performance feedback and participates in firm-wide coaching and mentoring program.
- Participates in and provides leadership within the firm.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a strong desire to work as a key part of a Family Wealth team in furthering its goals and objectives. Opportunity for rapid advancement to principal (owner) for the right candidate.
- Proficient with complex individual income tax, fiduciary income tax, private foundation and estate and gift tax issues. Experience in estate administration and estate/trust compliance is strongly desired.
- Experience interacting regularly with clients’ investment advisors, attorneys and family-office personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters in Tax preferred.
- 5+ years prior CPA firm experience (tax) with expertise in HNW area
- CPA license.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with ProSystem Tax preferred, but not required.
Abbott, Stringham & Lynch (ASL) is a well-established Silicon Valley CPA firm consistently ranking within the Top 25 public accounting firms in the Bay Area. ASL works with emerging and middle market privately held businesses and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1977, ASL offers a wealth of experience in delivering services and specialties. Our staff of 90 works in a positive environment with a focus on work/life balance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please click here.
Thank you for taking the time to consider ASL. We look forward to hearing from you!