International Corporate Tax Manager Opening – San Jose (CA)
(Hybrid/Remote Option Available)
Abbott, Stringham & Lynch (ASL) is a large local CPA firms in Silicon Valley serving closely held and middle-market companies in diverse industries. We have great clients and provide them with high quality tax and consulting services, which in turn provides you with abundant career and growth opportunities.
Our corporate tax practice provides a full suite of tax services to closely held and venture backed businesses and their owners. We work with corporate and flow-through business entities and their ownership groups in a variety of industries. Our clients are frequently complex entities with multi-state and international filing requirements that may require tax provision assistance and substantial tax consulting work.
This is a great opportunity to develop your career in a firm with interesting clients, quality work, great team members and coaches, and excellent flexibility. We offer you the client work and career paths found in larger firms, with the culture, work-life balance and friendliness of a mid-sized regional firm. We provide our team members with:
- Flexible hours and the ability to manage your own schedule including remote work
- Comprehensive healthcare plans and other benefits
- Generous PTO policy
- 22 paid holidays throughout the year (Summer Fridays, Thanksgiving week, plus others)
- Paid paternity/maternity leave
- Virtual and in-person technical training, coaching and leadership development programs to support your professional growth at each stage of your career
- Seeing the big picture – we provide the opportunity to participate, contribute, and collaborate on project teams and client engagements to advance your career
- Building employee engagement is vital to our culture! We use different platforms to keep you connected with your team members, while working remotely, or in our Campbell office
- Recognition – we celebrate each other’s accomplishments both at work and outside the office
Primary Responsibilities of the Role
- Review of U.S. international tax forms 5471, 5472, 8858, 1118, 8991, 8992, 8993, 1120-F withholding tax forms and related tax workpapers.
- Review calculations and supporting documentation for Subpart F, IRC sec.956, Foreign tax credit, GILTI and FDII, PFICs, and E&P.
- Working knowledge of US international tax provisions (inbound and outbound) and tax treaties.
- Review of stand-alone/consolidated/combined multistate corporate tax returns and partnership tax returns. Analysis of state nexus and state tax compliance issues.
- Manage tax services engagements, including developing and nurturing excellent client relationships, ensuring client satisfaction, acting as the primary client point of contact, overseeing the client service staff team, and taking responsibility for client billing.
- Train and develop the corporate tax staff and senior group through on-the-job training and formal training programs.
Qualifications Required to Be Successful In This Position
- CPA required
- 6-9 years of public accounting experience
- ASC 740 experience and Technology Industry experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MST preferred
- Experience with ProSystems Tax and Engagement preferred
Knowledge and Experience
- Hands on experience in the calculation of quarterly and annual corporate tax provisions with a working knowledge of foreign provisions
- Familiarity with processes for tracking the income tax attributes
- Exposure to other entity types desired but not required.
- Strong accounting skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple time sensitive projects under pressure
- Good conceptual, critical thinking, analytical, and quantitative skills and the ability to articulate work product
- Excellent computer/technology skills – Excel & Word are critical, PowerPoint, etc.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Self-starter and resourceful
- Results and process-oriented and accountable
- Problem solver, finisher, and highly organized
Salary Pay Scale
- This position’s salary range is $120,000 to $160,000 per year.
Sound like a Good Fit? We Want to Hear from You!
Please consider including a cover letter (so we can learn more about you!). Thank you for taking the time to consider ASL.