(Hybrid/Remote Option Available)
We Recruit the Best of the Best. Our firm is growing and we are hiring a Tax Manager for our Corporate niche. Bring your upbeat attitude, collaborative mentality, and out-of-the-box creative thinking to add exponential value to our clients and to our company morale and culture.
Our corporate tax practice provides a full suite of tax services to closely held and venture backed businesses and their owners. We work with corporate and flow-through business entities and their ownership groups in a variety of industries. Our clients are frequently complex entities with multi-state and international filing requirements that may require tax provision assistance and substantial tax consulting work.
Abbott, Stringham & Lynch (ASL) is one of the largest local CPA firms in Silicon Valley serving a broad range of industries. We offer you the resources found in larger firms, with the opportunities and culture of a mid-sized regional firm. We provide our team members with:
- Best-in-class virtual and in-person training, mentoring, and leadership development programs to support your professional growth at each stage of your career path
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible hours and the ability to manage your own schedule including remote work
- Creative opportunities to contribute and collaborate in your work and on projects to enhance your skills and to drive ASL to be the best in class
- Employee engagement is important to us! We use different platforms to keep you connected with your peers and co-workers while working remotely, or in our Campbell, California office
- The opportunity to participate in a number of civic associations focused on community causes throughout the year
Primary Responsibilities of the Role
- Review of U.S. international tax forms 5471, 5472, 8858, 1118, 8991, 8992, 8993, 1120-F withholding tax forms and related tax workpapers.
- Review calculations and supporting documentation for Subpart F, IRC sec.956, Foreign tax credit, GILTI and FDII, PFICs, and E&P.
- Working knowledge of US international tax provisions (inbound and outbound) and tax treaties.
- Review of stand-alone/consolidated/combined multistate corporate tax returns and partnership tax returns. Analysis of state nexus and state tax compliance issues.
- Manage tax services engagements, including developing and nurturing excellent client relationships, ensuring client satisfaction, acting as the primary client point of contact, overseeing the client service staff team, and taking responsibility for client billing.
- Train and develop the corporate tax staff and senior group through on-the-job training and formal training programs.
Qualifications Required to Be Successful In This Position
- CPA required
- 6-9 years of public accounting experience
- ASC 740 experience and Technology Industry experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MST preferred
- Experience with ProSystems Tax and Engagement preferred
Knowledge and Experience
- Hands on experience in the calculation of quarterly and annual corporate tax provisions with a working knowledge of foreign provisions
- Familiarity with processes for tracking the income tax attributes
- Exposure to other entity types desired but not required.
- Strong accounting skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple time sensitive projects under pressure
- Good conceptual, critical thinking, analytical, and quantitative skills and the ability to articulate work product
- Excellent computer/technology skills – Excel & Word are critical, PowerPoint, etc.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Self-starter and resourceful
- Results and process-oriented and accountable
- Problem solver, finisher, and highly organized
Sound like a Good Fit? We Want to Hear from You!
Please consider including a cover letter (so we can learn more about you!) and submit your resume here.
Thank you for taking the time to consider ASL.