We Recruit the Best of the Best. Our firm is growing and we hiring a real estate Tax Manager with solid leadership experience, an upbeat attitude, and a desire to grow and add value to our firm and to our clients.
ASL is one of the largest local CPA firms in the Silicon Valley serving a broad range of industries. We offer you the resources found in larger firms, with the opportunities and culture of a mid-sized regional firm. We provide our team members with:
- Best-in-class virtual and in-person training, mentoring, and leadership development programs to support your professional growth at each stage of your career path
- Comprehensive benefits package including a generous time-off policy, bi-yearly bonus’ and more
- Flexible hours and the ability to manage your own schedule including working from home (even pre-COVID!)
- Creative opportunities to contribute and collaborate as well as lead and network to provide best in class services to our clients
- Employee engagement is important to us! We use different platforms to keep you connected with your peers and co-workers, while working remotely, or in our San Jose office
- The opportunity to participate in a number of civic associations focused on community causes throughout the year
- Manages all aspects of the tax engagement (planning, review of tax returns and accounting, client relationships), demonstrating excellent project management skills.
- Supervises and reviews all related work of tax staff on assigned engagements.
- Demonstrates strong technical real estate tax, accounting, and transactional skills and effectively applies tax knowledge to client situations.
- Builds client relationships through delivery of outstanding client service.
- Provides high quality service and timely delivery, consistently exceeding client expectations.
- Helps develop and guide staff by providing performance feedback and participates in firm wide coaching and mentoring program.
- Participates in and provides leadership within the firm.
Qualifications Required to Be Successful In This Position
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters in Tax preferred
- 10+ years prior CPA firm experience (tax).
- CPA license
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Experience with ProSystem Tax preferred
- Must be local in the Bay Area (CA)
Knowledge and Experience
- Hands on experience in the calculation of quarterly and annual tax compliance for passthrough entities and individuals.
- Exposure to other entity types desired but not required.
- Strong accounting skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple time sensitive projects under pressure.
- Good conceptual, critical thinking, analytical, quantitative skills and the ability to articulate work product.
- Excellent computer/technology skills – Excel & Word are critical, PowerPoint, etc.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Self-starter and resourceful
- Results and process oriented and accountable.
- Problem solver, finisher and highly organized
Sound like a Good Fit? We Want to Hear from You!
Please consider including a cover letter (so we can learn more about you!) and submit your resume here.
Thank you for taking the time to consider ASL.