Rotational Intern Opening – Campbell, CA
Abbott, Stringham & Lynch (ASL) is a full service CPA firm in Silicon Valley serving closely held and middle-market companies in diverse industries. We have great clients and provide them with high quality assurance, tax and consulting services, which in turn provides you with abundant career and growth opportunities.
This is a great opportunity to develop your career in a firm with interesting clients, quality work, great team members and coaches, and excellent flexibility. We offer you the client work and career paths found in larger firms, with the culture, work-life balance and friendliness of a mid-sized regional firm. This internship program provides an in-depth look and real world perspective into the accounting profession. Join us as an intern this summer! Come for the job, stay for the career.
Overall Internship Experience:
- Obtain a working knowledge of firm technology, including the use of email and the Internet, and the use of firm work papers, word processing, tax and audit work paper preparation, and time and billing software.
- Participate in Team Building activities
- Meeting with your buddy for regular feedback and professional development discussions
- Shadow managers and seniors in client meetings
- The opportunity to participate in our firm-wide university series and other networking activities
- Understand the rules, requirements, and code of conduct of the AICPA
Your Assurance Experience During the Internship Will Include:
- Training on auditing standards and how it applies to a real life example
- Training on software and tools that are critical to the auditing process
- Working directly with experienced audit professionals on various accounting projects, such as compilation engagements, detail testing at the client site, and preparing benchmarking reports for audit committee meetings
Your Tax Experience During the Internship Will Include:
- Gain experience in the preparation of corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary, and other tax services performed by the firm.
- Identify, research, and assess various tax issues with direction from senior staff
- Become familiar with pertinent IRC sections and regulations.
- Obtain a working knowledge of tax research techniques and the various research sources.
- Sophomore, junior or senior working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting
- Detail-oriented and organized with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Personable and able to work well in a team environment
- Maintains professional demeanor and confidence when communicating with clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Salary Pay Scale:
- This position’s hourly rate is $30.00 per hour.
Sound like a Good Fit? We Want to Hear from You!
Please consider including a cover letter (so we can learn more about you!)
Thank you for taking the time to consider ASL.