Assurance Staff Accountant (Entry Level) Opening – Campbell, CA
Abbott, Stringham & Lynch (ASL) is a full service CPA firm in Silicon Valley serving closely held and middle-market companies in diverse industries. We have great clients and provide them with high quality assurance, tax and consulting services, which in turn provides you with abundant career and growth opportunities.
This is a great opportunity to develop your career in a firm with interesting clients, quality work, great team members and coaches, and excellent flexibility. We offer you the client work and career paths found in larger firms, with the culture, work-life balance and friendliness of a mid-sized regional firm. Join us as a Staff Accountant! Come for the job, stay for the career.
We Provide Our Team Members With:
- 5 weeks of PTO
- 20+ paid holidays
- Bonus for passing the CPA exam
- Paid paternity/maternity leave
- Comprehensive healthcare plans covered by ASL
- Virtual and in-person technical training, coaching and leadership development programs to support your professional growth at each stage of your career
- Seeing the big picture – we provide the opportunity to participate, contribute, and collaborate on project teams and client engagements to advance your career
- Building employee engagement is vital to our culture! We use different platforms to keep you connected with your team members, while working in an hybrid environment, or in our Campbell office
- Recognition – we celebrate each other’s accomplishments both at work and outside the office
Primary Responsibilities of the Role
- Prepare trial balances for use in engagements
- Prepare various written communications to clients
- Participate in engagement planning process
- Review various clients’ schedules and roll forwards
- Complete detail testing of transactions for financial statement audit under the direct supervision of an Assurance Senior or Manager
- Analyze account balances and fluctuations and develop expectations. Investigate significant and unusual variances
- Participate in audit, review and compilation engagements
- Perform inventory observations and prepare related documentation
- Assist in preparing financial statements and related disclosures
- Communicate conclusions and results directly to Assurance Seniors, Managers and Partners
- Develop a working knowledge of firm technology, including engagement software and other audit tools
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, preferably Accounting
- Eligible CPA candidate, or a demonstrable plan to sit for the CPA exam
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and CCH ProSystem Engagement is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Analytical skills and critical reasoning
- Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities
- Involves work in ASL’s Silicon Valley office or at the client’s premises or your home office on a hybrid schedule. Work at the client’s premises may require the use of the assurance employee’s personal car and business casual dress code.
- Moderate to low overtime required throughout the year. High level of overtime may be required to complete specific audit and review engagements.
Salary Pay Scale
- This position’s salary range is $75,000 – 80,000 per year
Sound like a Good Fit? We Want to Hear from You!
Please consider including a cover letter (so we can learn more about you!)
Thank you for taking the time to consider ASL.