ASL Nonprofit Group
You’ve got a mission statement, and we’ve got one mission: to partner with you on your organization's challenging journey of financial compliance and regulations. When you want to stay focused on your mission, we can help.
Your organization is subject to accounting and auditing standards, including tax laws that
require specific technical knowledge and expertise. It can be challenging to manage,
although when donors and contributors are confident in your organization, it removes any hesitation they might have contributing to your mission.
With a focus on exceptional client service, ASL works with your organization to help navigate the complex rules and regulations, ensuring you’re in compliance while achieving your goals. Our services include:
- Audits and reviews of financial statements including those required by the OMB’s Uniform Grant Guidance (formerly OMB Circular A-133)
- Tax planning and preparation of Form 990
- Internal controls assessment
- Audits of retirement plans, including 401(k) and 403(b) plans
- Consulting on:
- Endowments and planned giving
- Unrelated business income tax (UBIT)
- Internal policies and procedures
- Application of accounting standards
ASL has experience with a wide variety of nonprofit organizations, associations and foundations including: health and social services, bio-tech, technology, micro lending, civic and community, arts and culture, mental health, education, as well as sports and recreation organizations.
You’ll also find that our passion about serving nonprofit organizations extends far outside the boundaries of our accounting work. Many of our team members serve on nonprofit boards and the entire firm is actively engaged in many community service projects each year. Our expertise in the nonprofit industry is continually developed through:
- Up-to-date knowledge and implementation of accounting standards
- Targeted professional education
- Our low employee turnover
- Participation in professional associations in specialized interest areas, including AICPA, Government Audit Quality Center and CalCPA
- Service experience as nonprofit board or committee members
We also connect our clients to a network of service firms, including attorneys and bankers with expertise in nonprofit organizations.
With our 40-year history and extensive experience in supporting the needs of a vast variety of nonprofit organizations, you’ll find that our level of service and personal engagement in your business make us well suited to assist with your accounting and auditing needs.