Tax Staff Accountant Opening (Entry Level) – Campbell, CA
Abbott, Stringham & Lynch (ASL) is a full service CPA firm in Silicon Valley serving closely held and middle-market companies in diverse industries. We have great clients and provide them with high quality tax, assurance and consulting services, which in turn provides you with abundant career and growth opportunities.
This is a great opportunity to develop your career in a firm with interesting clients, quality work, great team members and coaches, and excellent flexibility. We offer you the client work and career paths found in larger firms, with the culture, work-life balance and friendliness of a mid-sized regional firm. Join us as a Tax Staff Accountant! Come for the job, stay for the career.
We Provide Our Team Members With:
- 5 weeks of PTO
- 20+ paid holidays
- Bonus for passing the CPA exam
- Paid paternity/maternity leave
- Comprehensive healthcare plans covered by ASL
- Virtual and in-person technical training, coaching and leadership development programs to support your professional growth at each stage of your career
- Seeing the big picture – we provide the opportunity to participate, contribute, and collaborate on project teams and client engagements to advance your career
- Building employee engagement is vital to our culture! We use different platforms to keep you connected with your team members, while working in an hybrid environment, or in our Campbell office
- Recognition – we celebrate each other’s accomplishments both at work and outside the office
Primary Responsibilities of the Role
- Become proficient in the preparation of corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary and other tax return services performed by the firm.
- Assume responsibility for the completion of tax returns under the supervision of more experienced staff.
- Become familiar with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Understand the rules, requirements, and code of conduct of the AICPA
- Become familiar with pertinent IRC sections and regulations.
- Obtain a working knowledge of tax research techniques and the various research sources
- Obtain a working knowledge of firm technology, including the use of email and the Internet, and the use of firm work papers, word processing, tax preparation, and time and billing software.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the seniors, managers, senior managers or partners.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, preferably Accounting
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Eligible CPA candidate, or a demonstrable plan to sit for the CPA exam
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Analytical skills and critical reasoning
- Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities
Salary Pay Scale
- This position’s salary range is $75,000 – 80,000 per year
Sound like a Good Fit? We Want to Hear from You!
Please consider including a cover letter (so we can learn more about you!). Thank you for taking the time to consider ASL.
Come for the job, stay for the career.