We Recruit the Best of the Best. Our firm is growing and we are looking to hire a Tax Senior who has experience in Corporate Tax and Provisions. Bring your upbeat attitude, collaborative mentality, and out-of-the-box creative thinking to add exponential value to our clients and to our company morale and culture.
ASL is one of the largest local CPA firms in the Silicon Valley serving a broad range of industries. We offer you the resources found in larger firms, with the opportunities and culture of a mid-sized regional firm. We provide our team members with:
- Best-in-class virtual and in-person training, mentoring, and leadership development programs to support your professional growth at each stage of your career path
- Comprehensive benefits package including a generous time-off policy for CPAs
- Flexible hours and the ability to manage your own schedule including working from home
- Creative opportunities to contribute and collaborate in your work and on projects to enhance your skills and to drive ASL to be best in class
- Employee engagement is important to us! We use different platforms to keep you connected with your peers and co-workers, while working remotely, or in our San Jose office
- The opportunity to participate in a number of civic associations focused on community causes throughout the year
- Bonus for passing the CPA exam within 2 years of start date
Primary Responsibilities of the Role
- Review and prepare quarterly and annual income corporate tax provisions for multinational public and private companies. This includes but is not limited to: deferred tax inventory, tax reserve analysis, and preparation of required footnote disclosures in accordance with ASC740 guidance and SEC requirements.
- Review and prepare federal, state, and local income and franchise tax returns and related estimates and extensions for corporate clients.
- File foreign forms Fin114a, 5471, 5472, 8858, 8865, 8621, and 1116, calculation of GILTI and FDII.
- Research, interpret, and evaluate the tax impact of current and proposed legislation on the quarterly and year-end tax provision.
- Planning and compliance responsibilities for all entity types, including research and special consulting projects.
Required Education and Experience
- CPA preferred and a minimum of 4 years of public accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, MST preferred.
- ASC 740 experience
- Hands on experience in the calculation of quarterly and annual corporate tax provisions with a working knowledge of foreign provisions.
- Experience with U.S. international reporting requirements for taxpayers with foreign operations.
- Familiarity with processes for tracking the income tax attributes.
- Exposure to other entity types desired but not required.
- Strong accounting skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple time sensitive projects under pressure.
- Good conceptual, critical thinking, analytical, quantitative skills, and the ability to articulate work product.
- Excellent computer/technology skills – Excel & Word are critical, PowerPoint, etc.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Self-starter and resourceful – hands on
- Problem solver, finisher, and highly organized.
Sound like a Good Fit? We Want to Hear from You!
Please consider including a cover letter (so we can learn more about you!) and submit your resume here.
Thank you for taking the time to consider ASL.